West Liberty welcomes new nursing faculty to the department: Elizabeth Schreiber

Elizabeth Schreiber

Elizabeth Schreiber, instructor of nursing, meets with a student over Zoom to review for a quiz.

Students in the nursing program at West Liberty might have noticed a new face to their department. Elizabeth Schreiber joined the WLU staff in July of 2020 as an instructor of nursing for juniors and seniors, upon learning of the position from the department chair of nursing.

“Elizabeth Schreiber is a wonderful addition to the faculty of the Nursing Program. Elizabeth cares about the students and their learning in the same way that she cares about patient outcomes. She brings to West Liberty a breath and depth of nursing care,” Dr. Rose Kutlenies.

Professor Barbara Kulpa feels that Schreiber is very enthusiastic and willing to share her knowledge with her students. Kulpa also commented that it is her love of nursing and enthusiasm that guides Schreiber in both the classroom and in the clinical setting.

Schreiber attended Wheeling Jesuit University where she earned her bachelor’s degree in nursing. She then went on to receive her master’s degree in nursing and a Bachelor of Science degree at The Ohio State University.

Before West Liberty, Schreiber worked in the Intensive Care Unit at Ruby Memorial and Wheeling Hospital. Her medical experience branches to locations such as Thrive in Wheeling and a family nurse practitioner in Morgantown, W. Va. Schreiber has worked as an adjunct instructor at Wheeling Jesuit and West Liberty University.

“I hope to bring confidence and education to this program as well as critical thinking skills. I would also like to take away a feeling of satisfaction in helping them to become better nurses,” said Schreiber.

In addition, she hopes to improve her understanding of clinical knowledge as well as stay up to date on the latest medical codes. Schreiber has additionally set the goal to receive her doctorate in nursing to develop her own research.

“I feel that higher education is extremely important. Everybody, both students and staff can grow from their teaching environment,” said Schreiber.

As we welcome her to WLU, Schreiber wants her students to know that she functions well with high levels of coffee in her system and loves to read anything she can get her hands on. Welcome to the Hilltop Nurse Schreiber!