Annual David Wright Executive Seminar Series soon to take place

“In memory of Professor David Wright ’79.”

On Oct. 14, the Gary E. West College of Business will offer the David Wright Executive Seminar Series. The College of Business holds this seminar every year to educate and inspire both students and faculty.
According to the College of Business website, the main goal of this seminar is to “further enhance the knowledge base of faculty and students within the College of Business Administration, provide a forum through which executives can discuss their management philosophies, corporate strategies, competitive challenges and the economic trends of specific industries, allow for a productive dialogue among business students, faculty, and corporate leaders and promote the spirit of cooperation between the College of Business Administration at West Liberty University (WLU) and the Upper Ohio Valley business community.”

David Wright was an associate professor of management at WLU for almost 40 years. The David Wright Executive Seminar Series was established in his memory to help students navigate the world of business. The WLU Foundation created a scholarship in his name that is known as the David Wright Management Scholarship. This scholarship helps business students of WLU reach their full potential in hopes of them carrying on Wright’s legacy.

The first David Wright Executive Seminar was established in 1986. The last seminar took place on Nov. 12, 2020, where Richard Sherlock, a founder and principal at LRS Consultants, LLC spoke to students and faculty.

If you are interested in attending the David Wright Executive Seminar Series, talk to any professor within the Gary E. West College of Business or contact Ann Saurbier, the dean of the Gary E. West College of Business by emailing [email protected]. For more information about the David Wright Executive Seminar Series, visit the College of Business website. You can also donate to the David Wright Management Scholarship by visiting the College of Business website or contacting the WLU Foundation by calling (304) 336-5635.