SPICES hosts International Game Event

As part of International Education Month, WLU’s International Club (SPICES) hosted an international games event on Thursday, November 11. The event was open to all students and held in the Alumni Room of the Student Union at 4:00 p.m.

Students played dice, board and card games that are popular in different countries around the world. SPICES taught students how to play each game and helped them pick up the rules of the games.

“I had a lot of fun playing the different games. I had never played any of them before, but they were pretty easy to learn. Some of the games were kind of similar to card games or board games that are common in the U.S., but some of them were completely different than anything I’ve played before. I’m really glad that I went to the event, because I met some new people, and I had fun playing games with them,” said WLU student Kelsey Stewart.

WLU has many other events scheduled on campus to celebrate International Education Month. If you missed international game day, there will be other opportunities on campus for students to play games from other cultures.

“We try to have something for everyone, and events like international game day allow students to actively learn about and enjoy another culture,” Ryan Glanville, coordinator of International Programs and Recruiting, said. Glanville encourages all students to take part in at least one event during International Education Month.

To see the full schedule of events visit the international student’s page on WLU’s website or check your WLU email for updates on student activities. For more information about International Education Month, email Ryan Glanville at [email protected] or email [email protected]. You can also visit SPICE’s Facebook page to see information about both previous and upcoming events or email [email protected].