West Liberty University partnering with Pittsburgh Technical College for MBA fast track partnership

Pittsburgh Technical College finalized its Master of Business Administration (MBA) Fast Track partnership with West Liberty University on Jan. 11, 2022. PTC Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. Eileen Steffan and WLU President Dr. W. Franklin Evans took part in an event signing in WLU’s Board of Governors Room located on the second floor of historic Shaw Hall. (PTC President Dr. Alicia Harvey-Smith was unable to attend the event due to a family emergency.)

The signing finalized an agreement between the two institutions that enables PTC students with Bachelor of Science degrees in business administration, applied management or science in information technology to further their education at WLU.

Dr. Steffan and President Evans stated at the signing event how “excited” and “honored” they were as leaders in higher education to create the Fast Track opportunity. The Fast Track is designed in a way that PTC graduates can pursue their MBA in a timely manner and minimize the cost of receiving their degree. Up to 12 credit hours of advanced standing toward an MBA are available to PTC students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in business administration. Additionally, up to nine credit hours are available to PTC students working toward a Bachelor of Science in applied management. Lastly, PTC students working on a Bachelor of Science in information technology can earn up to six hours.

According to the press release by WLU’s Director of Media Relations, Maureen Zambito, Dr. Harvey-Smith said the following about the Fast Track, “One of our key objectives at PTC is to expand access for all students and present them with every opportunity to excel. Our new MBA Fast Track partnership with an academic institution like West Liberty University achieves just that and presents students in both PTC’s Schools of Business as well as Information Systems and Technology with an accelerated outlet to attain a master level degree.”

PTC, a leading educator in the Pittsburgh region, offers a two-year business program that gives students an opportunity to learn from instructors who combine their business knowledge and industry experience to create an engaging environment for students. The program also creates opportunities for students to find internships related to their field and connect with potential employers. Upon graduation from PTC, students will have the option to pursue an MBA at WLU. WLU’s MBA program has three concentration areas: management, forensic accounting and healthcare management.

President Evans said in Zambito’s release, “We look forward to meeting many PTC graduates in the near future and welcoming them to the Hilltop as they complete their MBA.”

For more information, please visit Zambito’s press release or email Annalise Murphy at [email protected].