WLU Student Life offers new fall activities

From carving pumpkins to visiting haunted houses, West Liberty University’s (WLU) Office of Student Life has activities planned throughout the season to keep all students occupied during the fall semester.

The events for the fall season kicked off on Sept. 24 with the Barnesville Pumpkin Festival. Students who registered were provided transportation to and from the festival. These trips and activities are a chance for students to participate in the autumn culture in Wheeling while traveling off the hilltop. Besides the many events offered outside WLU, there are activities planned for students to enjoy on campus.

Ross Salvatori, a Graduate Assistant at WLU in the Office of Student Life says, “It’s a good opportunity to experience events outside of campus where they can create memories with friends and meet new people.”

This past weekend on Oct. 8, shuttles transported students to Oglebayfest, a fall festival at Oglebay Park in Wheeling, WV.

Pumpkin painting hosted by a local sorority, Beta Rho Epsilon, will take place in the Union Ballroom on Oct. 11 from 7-9 p.m. and pumpkin carving will take place on Oct. 26 from 6-8 p.m. in the Union Ballroom.

On Oct. 29, there will be a trip to Wells Township Haunted House in Brilliant, Ohio, or Kennywood’s Fright Night in West Mifflin, Pa. Time and destinations are still being finalized at this time.

Trick or Treat will be in the Main Hall Breezeway on Oct. 31 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Finally, on Nov. 18, student life will offer a trip to the Saris Candy store in Canonsburg, Pa. and Tanger Outlets in Washington, Pa.

If interested in traveling to the events around Wheeling, students can keep an eye out for registration links on WLU’s social media, or go online to the WLU Student Life website and register under the “events” tab. “People should get involved because we provide fun events with plenty of options that are based on the student’s preferences… We have something for everyone!” said Salvatori. Students may also visit the Student Life office on the second floor of the Union, or email Kate Billings, the director of student life at [email protected].