Campus Ministry to host Thanksgiving dinner for students

Diann Nickerson

The flyer created for Campus Ministries annual Thanksgiving dinner.

West Liberty Methodist Church is having a free Thanksgiving dinner today, on Nov. 15 from 6-8 p.m for students to experience a home cooked meal before the holiday season commences.

The dinner is hosted by Diann Nickerson, director of Protestant Campus Ministry, and will be located in the basement of the Methodist Church. Reservations are closed, but Nickerson is open to more participants.

Nickerson and students have teamed together to cook a traditional American Thanksgiving while International students will be making food from their countries. Turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing and more will be served buffet style.

On Nov. 29, Nickerson will be hosting another free food event from 7-9 p.m. International students will share their cookie traditions. Mihaela Szabo, director of international enrollment services and international student advisor said, “The focus of the event is to allow for our students and community to gather, celebrate and express gratitude together for the friendships, support and opportunities they have found at West Liberty.”

The dinner was funded by Student Activities, Campus Ministry and International Student offices. Both events were organized by West Liberty University Campus Ministries, Student Life and the Rollie Williams International Center.

Veronica Huggins, English and global education major said, “It’s going to be cool to see what types of unique food will be there. And if none of the food appeals to me, there will still be stuffing to fall back on.”

For more information, contact Nickerson at [email protected], Szabo at [email protected] or Ryan Glanville, coordinator of international programs and recruiting, at [email protected].