CACDA and NAfME springpalooza

On April 17, Springpalooza will be held in the Union Ballroom at 6 p.m. This event is sponsored by the Collegiate American Choral Directors Association (CACDA) and Collegiate National Association for Music Educators NafME Collegiate chapters here at West Liberty University (WLU). 

Springpalooza will have a variety of different activities and stations for guests to participate in. These activities include a paint and sip, coloring sheets, spring cookie decorating and birdhouse/terracotta pot decorating. 

President of NafME Collegiate, junior Kyle Turley, spoke on the event saying, “We wanted to host an event because everyone is getting stressed towards the end of the semester. Springpalooza is a way to get rid of stress with crafts. It’s going to be a great time for all!” 

A basket raffle will be held and tickets will be on sale for those who would like to enter to win. The raffle ticket will be sold as one ticket for $1 and 6 tickets for $5 The five baskets that are included in the drawing are: Movie Night, Charcuterie Board, Self-Care Kit, Car Kit and a Farmhouse Basket. The winners will be drawn at the WLU Singers concert on April 22 at 6-8 p.m.. 

Also, President of CACDA, junior Charlotte Dotson, spoke on the event as well saying, “Springpalooza is an event that originated from NAfME but when we thought about it, we wanted to make it bigger. So, ACDA joined forces to make an event on campus and then it was a gateway towards the end of the semester for students to enjoy time and decompress. We wanted to host a paint and sip, so we decided to bring that to the palooza. On top of that, both of our organizations are fundraising to support our conferences and dues for our members in the chapter so, we wanted there to be an opportunity for on campus students to support us. Along with painting, there will be cookie decorating and coloring sheets to enjoy with friends with music playing. We would love to see WLU students there and supporting our music department and taking time for themselves.”