West Liberty University provides updates regarding pre-registration for Spring 2021

Media Relations

Students are highly encouraged to make a blank schedule sheet to see what courses they can fit into the spring semester.

Annalise Murphy, Editor

Pre Registration for the Spring 2021 semester

West Liberty University released the available classes that students can pre-register for in the Spring 2021 semester to WINS on Oct. 5, 2020.

Vice President of Student Services and Registrar, Scott Cook, sent an email out that same day [Oct. 5], to all students outlining the new guidelines for pre-registration for both new and returning students with a word attachment listing all instructions pertaining to pre-registering. If you did not get this email, or cannot find the instruction attachment, please email Mr. Cook at [email protected] immediately to gain access to this information.

In the email, Cook said, “alternate Pins will not be required this time for online registration in WINS.” Since alternative pins are not required for registration this semester it is crucial that students reach out to their advisors to ensure they are signing up for the correct classes. Cook suggested, “meeting with your advisor before registering for classes in WINS.”

For first time freshmen or students who are not sure who their advisor is, this information can be found under the student services menu in WINS. Click on student records and then click on view student information. From there, the name of the advisor should be listed. To find the email of an advisor, go to the “Directory” page on the WLU web site under the link “GO WLU”. If none of these resources work, contacting the Enrollment Center is always an option and can be don’t by going directly to Shaw Hall or by emailing Amy Balog at [email protected].

Each class level has a set day that the students in each class can begin to register for classes. The days for each class level are as follows:

Graduate Students & Seniors – Monday, Oct. 12, 2020
Juniors – Friday, Oct. 16, 2020
Sophomores – Thursday, Oct. 22, 2020
Freshman – Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2020.

“Making sure students complete class schedule during pre-registration and not wait, as some classes may close. Summer classes should be scheduled now as well,” Cook said.

For more information regarding pre-registration, please contact Scott Cook at [email protected] or Amy Balog in Enrollment Services at [email protected].