West Liberty University welcomes Dr. Satzer to business program

Students who are in the College of Business might have noticed a new face to their program this year. Dr. Neeley Satzer has joined the teaching staff as the assistant professor of entrepreneurship and the director of B.I.C.
Satzer received her B.S.B.A in finance from West Virginia University and her masters of business administration (DBA) from Waynesburg University. She then attended Northcentral University where she obtained a doctorate of business administration (DBA) and organizational leadership.
“I am passionate about Entrepreneurship and small businesses. I worked for the SBDC in the past and have several businesses of my own,” stated Satzer.
This year, Satzer will be teaching business foundations I, business foundations II, retailing, principles of management, conflict resolution, organizational behavior, and personnel/ human resources management.
Prior to West Liberty, Satzer has taught at the West Virginia Small Business Development Center where she was a business coach and program assistant for training. In addition, she taught at Waynesburg University as a business instructor and at St. Clairsville high school as a career technical teacher.
Satzer chose to teach at West Liberty because she, “is from the area and it was a good fit to be closer to home.”
She has adjunct experience at California University of Pennsylvania, West Virginia Northern Community College, Butler County Community College, Ohio University for the Eastern Campus, Waynesburg University and Wheeling University.
Satzer is involved in the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education and works at a site visitor. She also is a content reviewer for the Organizational Behavior and is a QM peer reviewer. In addition, she has a professional membership with the Society of Human Resource Management.
“I think teaching has taught me that you can never have enough knowledge. Learning is a lifelong process,” said Satzer.
Welcome to the Hilltop Dr. Satzer!