Spend your winter break with these cozy, holiday movie classics!

With the holiday season in full swing, Christmas bells are ready to ring right around the corner. A warm fireplace, hot chocolate and festive movies are a tradition to many students. From “Northpole” (2014) to the “Home Alone” series, there is a movie in every genre for every person this holiday season. I would like to merrily recommend a few classics and modern movies for you and your family to enjoy this December.

Netflix users can enjoy the romcom-espionage film “A Christmas Prince”, one of my favorite movies, which is centered around a journalist (Rose McIver) who is sent to a foreign land to cover a press conference but discovers more than intended. The streaming service offers countless seasonal entertainment, including baking shows like “Sugar Rush Christmas” and “The Great British Baking Show: Holidays.” However, if you desire something a little less sweet, “Holiday Home Makeovers” offers a creative and unique interior design program for decor lovers, which is one of my favorite hobbies.

Hulu offers a much larger variety of genres, including horror and dramatic fantasy movies like “Krampus” and “The Man Who Invented Christmas” for spooky lovers, but also classics like “The Santa Clause.” This streaming channel also offers a live television subscription, so viewers have a chance to watch favorites like “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” and “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” but with limited availability. Although it isn’t a stereotypical Christmas themed series – “Game of Thrones” has been a favorite amongst students. Winter is coming, and this series will keep you warm from nerves when watching it. It can be watched on HBO Max as well as Hulu.

Also available, free streaming services like Peacock, Vudu and Tubi offer some not-so-jolly options like “Holiday Breakup” and the charming “Christmas in the Heartland,” two of my favorite free movies. Though they come bearing advertisements, it’s an inexpensive option for college students. Tubi also offers “A Dog for Christmas”, one of my personal favorites due to its inclusion of animals.

Finally, it would be a crime to not mention Disney when talking about favorite Christmas entertainment. From 2020’s “Godmothered”, which offers a cute family-friendly experience, to the comical “High School Musical: The Musical: The Holiday Special”, there is no shortage of content. Disney+ offers these two exclusives, as well as many more classics.

Christmas is all about being together, whether that be with friends, family, partners or pets, grab some hot chocolate and relax with one of these lovely options!